Arab Security Cyber Wargames Championship, is an interactive cyber security challenge that immerses participants in a simulated cyber-attack scenario, such as gaining or preventing access to a computer system or exploiting and defending a vulnerability in a system or an application.
Core objectives of Arab Security War Games are to:
- Prepare participants to real-life security challenges and demands.
- Challenge participants to exploit and defend computer systems.
- Help participants to identify their strength and weakness inside a safe, forgiving and collaborative environment.
- Encourage participants to work on their soft skills, such as communication, teamwork, time management, problem solving and adaptability.
- Help recruiters and management to spot growing talents and headhunt existing professionals.
Arab Security War Games Domains:
ASWGs simulate a prolonged and persistent cyber-attack in several, multifaceted phases. In which participants will be exposed to different domains including
- Embedded devices/hardware
- Reverse engineering
- Network analysis and hacking
- Web and mobile application hacking
- Hash cracking
About Our War Game
ASWGs are conducted over a period of eight hours where only five teams are allowed to participate with a team size starting from two members to five members. We highly encourage team members to have specialization in different domains. The contest has multiple phases, each phase focuses on some domains with specific level of difficulty. For teams to participate they will go through the following stages.
First: Registration Stage
Team leaders should register their team and members here.
Next: Filtering Stage
In which the team will be challenged to solve basic challenges to insure that they are qualified. The filtration process is unique per team. At the end of the filtration stage, only five teams will be selected and all teams will be informed by their own results within a period two weeks.
Finally: The Grand Finale
The war game will start in the morning with the breakfast at 9:00 am, followed by an introductory session from 10:00 am to 10:30 am in which teams will learn more about the settings, marking criteria and rules. However, the contest itself will be from 11 am to 8pm, separated by one-hour dinner break from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm. At the end of the event the team with the most points will be crowned as the Arab Security War Games Champion of the Year and all team members will be honored in the presence of the leading security companies in the Arab World.